Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really quick and tasty recipe! It is also easily doubled or quadrupled for a larger family. You can make it in the morning and stick in the fridge until you need it for dinner. If you use those prepackaged chicken strips, it is even faster. Best served over salad or as a filling for a sandwich with a couple slices of tomato - yum! Garlic lovers unite! There will be no vampires at your house with this one!
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (use the kind that comes pre-cooked and packaged, if you want, and skip steps 1 and 2)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- If not using prepackaged chicken, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in baking dish.
- Roast about 35 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces (about 1 inches by 1/2 in.) and place in medium bowl.
- In a food processor, puree mayo, basil, garlic, and pine nuts.
- Add to chicken and toss with cheese.
I'm not sure how much my chicken weighed, but I think 6 or 8 ounces; so I used half or two-thirds of all the other ingredients as I liked. I was in a hurry so I didn't puree the mayo, basil, garlic etc; just mixed it in which worked fine. I used poached chicken thighs as I like them better than white meat, and also pumpkin seeds because it turned out I didn't have any pine nuts. No problems, this still turned out really well. We scooped it up in lettuce leaves and it was delicious.