Abby Girl's Note:
This is a nice change from your regular garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 -10 medium garlic, skins left on (about the size of a plump cashew nut)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise (high-quality, about 1 pound, football-shaped)
- ground black pepper
- 1Toast garlic cloves in small skillet over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally, until fragrant and color of cloves deepens slightly, about 8 minutes. When cool enough to handle, skin and mince cloves (you should have about 3 tablespoons). Using dinner fork, mash garlic, the 2 cheese, Dijon, butter and salt in small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- 2Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 3Spread cut sides of loaf evenly with garlic butter mixture; season to taste with pepper. Transfer loaf halves, buttered side up, onto baking sheet; bake, reversing position of baking sheet in oven from front to back halfway through baking time, until surface of bread is golden brown and toasted, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut each half into 2-inch slices; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan and Asiago Cheese Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 473.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: