Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Bet you can't eat just one!
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups natural whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In small bowl, mix all ingredients except egg whites and almonds set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk egg whites until they begin to form soft peaks and are opaque.
- Add almonds and toss to coat.
- Add cheese mixture and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Oil or coat a baking sheet with vegetable cook spray.
- Arrange almonds on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake in center of oven for 15 minutes.
- Gently toss almonds and arrange again in single layer.
- Continue to bake for 15 minutes longer; toss gently.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave almonds in oven with door ajar for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
This was a little too different for me but my DH and his friend really liked it. He said it needs a little more zip, so maybe next time I'll add some cayenne. The instructions were very well written, so it was easy to make. I used Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle for the Italian seasoning and almost put in 1 1/2 tsp paprika but caught myself! :lol:
Simple and quite tasty. I'll be making these again!
Made three appetizers for Christmas brunch and this one was my mother-in-law's favorite. Had to send the leftovers and the recipe home with her.