Recipe by English_Rose
A tangy tomato filling inside Parma ham wrapped chicken breasts makes a fast and fabulous no-fuss supper dish. Perfect for a mid-week meal!
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Easy and yummy. I have made this three times and loved it every time. I make it with the following changes: first, I use thyme because I grow my own and it seemed like it would go with this dish, second I use sour cream instead of creme fraiche, last I usually use boneless skinless chicken tenderloins instead of the larger breasts. I love the flavors of this dish - big hit. One suggestion with this dish is to take out the breasts once it has cooked through and then thicken the broth with anything--corn starch, potatoes, flour, whatever to get the wine sauce to stay on the chicken once I put it on my plate. I did thicken the sauce on my third try and was happy with the results. Great with other Italian or Spanish dishes! Thanks for posting.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -4 sage leaves
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 slices parma ham
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 -4 tablespoons creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lay out the chicken breast and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the sun-dried tomatoes evenly between the two breasts and top with 2 sage leaves on each.
- Wrap 2 slices of Parma ham around each chicken breast and transfer them to an ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the wine and cover with kitchen foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes. If you prefer a golden top, remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove the chicken from the foil and keep warm. Stir the crème fraîche into the cooking juices, to give a loose creamy sauce.
- Season and serve immediately with the chicken breasts.