Prep 11 mins
Cook 15 mins
From: Step-by-step pasta dishes.
- 350 g asparagus
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 115 g parma ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 175 ml vegetable stock
- 70 ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus and cut the stems into 1 cm lengths.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over a high heat and cook the asparagus, onion and galric for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the ham and cook for 1 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend the cornflour, stock, wine , soy sauce, mustard and salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring and continue to cook, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with the freshly cooked linguine.