Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe serves 2 people. Don't add any salt as there is enough in the Parma Ham.
- 2 cups dried pasta shapes (penne, fusilli etc)
- olive oil
- 1 long shallot, finely sliced (or 2 round ones)
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced (each about the size of an egg)
- 1 chicken breast, cleaned & sliced (not thick slices)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 slices parma ham, each slice cut into 6 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato puree
- Place Pasta in boiling water and cook according to instructions.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are just turning golden brown on their edges, this will take about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and continue cooking for 4 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add a little more Olive Oil to the pan and add the chicken. Grind over some Black Pepper and fry for 2 minutes, turning the chicken half way through cooking.
- Return the Mushrooms to the pan along with the Italian seasoning and the Parma Ham, stir.
- Add the White Wine and boil until nearly gone (about 2 tablespoons remaining).
- Add the cream and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes until slightly reduced and a little thicker.
- Add the Tomato Puree, stir.
- Drain the cooked Pasta, add it to the sauce and toss through for 1 minute.
Tried this for dinner one evening, thoroughly enjoyed it , very tasty would reccommend.
was very nice with a glass of red wine, easy to make, do plenty so you can go back for 2nds