Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 loaf thick crusty bread (italian, french etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese (I buy the type already grated)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- weight watchers butter-flavored cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- Slice bread into as many pieces as you like.
- Then either brush with olive oil or spray with Weight Watchers butter spray. (I use butter spray for myself because it is no fat and olive oil for my husband.)
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture.
- Garlic salt to taste. I usually use enough to give it a garlic bread type flavor.
- Then top with basil using heavy pinches of chopped basil for each piece of bread.
- Finally top with tomatos and then some more cheese.
- Put in oven at 400 degrees for about 30 min or untill bread is crispy and cheese has browned.
- I make this all the time in the summer when I have fresh roma tomatos and basil from my garden!