Recipe by Dee514
This iced coffee recipe (from Alison Ladman) was published in my local newspaper on July 7, 2011. I hope you enjoy it! (Note: Please use only prechilled coffee in the recipe, using ice to chill hot coffee dilutes it and adversely effects the flavor.) The 1 to 2 minute "Cooking time" is the approximate blending time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- 2 maraschino cherries (optional)
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine coffee, chocolate syrup, half and half, and 1/2 of the ice cream.
- Blend until all ingredients are smooth and frothy.
- Pour into two tall glasses; top each with a 1/4 cup/scoop of the remaining ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry or chocolate shavings, if desired.