Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds like a dense oatmeal cake but I could be wrong. From a UK website posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup honey (mixed in England this would be treacle and golden syrup)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and ginger as well as sugar if desired.
- Soak oats in milk for 1/2 hour.
- Melt margarine and add molasses and honey. Combine wet ingredients and add to dry. Pour into a 9" x 11" pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes or until it starts to come away from the sides of the pan.
This is pretty tasty if you give it time to mellow/meld.