Recipe by Mille®
Traditionally from the North of England, this delightful cake tastes quite different than most other traditional British dessert cakes that you might have tried.
Top Review by oopsidaisy
This is the best parkin i have ever made and believe me have made a lot but never one as moist and tasty as this one. I followed your recipe to the word will be making this often thanks for sharing mille
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (DO NOT use instant or “quick” oats)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup molasses, mixed with the honey (in Britain this would be treacle and golden syrup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak oats in milk for ½ hour.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, ground ginger, and sugar.
- Melt butter/margarine and add molasses and honey mixture.
- Combine wet ingredients and add to dry.
- Pour into a 9" x 11" pan.
- Bake at 325F for 45 minutes or until it starts to come away from the sides of the pan.