Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original was from Hungry Monster Newletter and I have this thing about Almond extract soo... Note this is a lacto-ovo vegetarian if using the correct sugar.
- 2 cups ripe peaches, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Mix together the peaches 1/3 cup sugar and almond extract.
- In a pan mix in the remaining sugar along with the salt and flour Blend the eggs with 1/4 cup milk then add to rest of the milk and cook stirring constantly over low heat until spoon [metal] is coated.
- Remove and cool then add the vanilla and cream. Stir in the peach mixture.
- Add to your ice cream freezer and freeze according to makers directions.