Prep 24 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
A Family Fav. Prep and Cook time vary on personal preference.
- 3 lbs lean boneless chuck roast
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 French rolls or 10 sandwich buns
- This may be cooked a day ahead and refridgerated overnight.
- Skim fat off top and reheat.
- Place beef in slow-cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except rolls.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8-9 hours.
- Refridgerate or prepare sandwiches now.
- Shred beef by pulling it apart with two forks; add 1 cup sauce.
- Reheat in microwave or on stovetop.
- Spoon on warm, open-face rolls or buns.
- Top with additional warm sauce, if desired.