Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This recipe was from the Omni Parker Hotel in Boston. I believe it was published in our local newspaper. I've made it for several dinner parties and its very tasty. Prep time is marinating time.
Top Review by Kim127
What a nice simple dinner. We used a little over a pound of haddock filets, and I was a little impatient and marinated for just under 2 hours. The haddock was very moist and flavorful. I will make this again. I had put some of the leftover cracker crumbs on top of the fish, but they ended up being a little soggy, so next time I will not get carried away with the topping, I'll just leave it as to how many stuck at first! Thanks Becky!!
- 6 (8 ounce) cod fish fillets or 6 (8 ounce) haddock fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 lb buttery cracker, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 lb melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate fish fillets in milk, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, olive oil, and paprika for at least two hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove fillets from marinade and roll in cracker crumbs, covering completely.
- Place in baking pan, (I usually spray with non stick spray) and drizzle with melted butter.
- Pour white wine into pan, but not directly over the coated fish.
- Bake until flaky, approx 10-15 minutes.
- If necessary, place pan under broiler for a few minutes to give top of fish a little color.