This recipe is designed to be made by hand (without mixer). These rolls are quick to make and are airy and buttery.
- Reserve 1 cup flour. Combine dry ingredients.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter with milk and water to 120-130 degrees. Mix into dry ingredients. Add egg.
- Add reserved flour until dough is the right consistency. Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Let rest, covered, 10 minute.
- Meanwhile, turn oven on to 200 degrees for 10 min., then turn off.
- Roll dough out to 1/2 inches Cut with 2 3/4 inches cookie cutter. Fold in half. Drench in butter in pan. Slightly overlap rolls.
- Cover and let rise approximately 40 minutes in warm oven (turned off), until double in size. Bake at 400 degrees 10-15 minute.