1/3 Photos of Parker House Rolls
These are rich and full of butter! I recently shaped these rolls in balls. When they were done, I brushed the tops with melted butter and then topped them (a row each) with toasted poppy seeds, toasted sesame seeds, a combo of equal parts dill weed/kosher salt/sugar, and Parmesan cheese. I loved how they turned out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl of heavy-duty mixer combine warm water, sugar and yeast.
- 2Let it sit for about 5 minutes until foamy.
- 3Melt butter in glass bowl in microwave.
- 4Add milk and heat to lukewarm (no hotter than 110°).
- 5Add milk mixture to yeast mixture.
- 6Put on dough hook.
- 7Add bread flour and salt and combine well.
- 8Add all-purpose flour slowly until dough forms a slightly sticky ball.
- 9Continue to knead dough for 5 to 10 minutes longer, adding in more all-purpose flour if dough gets too sticky.
- 10Place ball in a greased or buttered bowl.
- 11Turn to coat with butter.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour or until doubled.
- 13Butter a 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- 14Divide dough into about 20 pieces.
- 15Form into smooth balls and place in 5 rows in pan.
- 16Cover loosely and let rise until doubled again (about 45 minutes).
- 17Make a deep crease down center of each roll using a spatula.
- 18Let rise, covered, another 15 minutes.
- 19Preheat oven to 375°.
- 20Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 21Brush tops of rolls.
- 22Bake in center of oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parker House Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 191.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g