1/1 Photo of Parker House Rolls
2 hrs 30 mins
From an old TOH. I love these rolls. The dough is very easy to work with and they freeze well. Cook time includes rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water, divided (110-115F)
- 1 cup warm milk (110-115F)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1/2-6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional) or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted (optional)
- 1In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp sugar in 1/2 cup water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Add milk, salt and remaining sugar and water.
- 3Gradually add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Beat in egg and oil. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5Punch dough down. Divide in half; roll each half on a floured board to 1/3-1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured 2 1/2 inch round cutter. Brush with butter if desired.
- 6Using the dull edge of a table knife, make an off-center crease in each roll. Fold along crease so the large half is on top. Press along folded edge.
- 7Place 2-3 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- 8Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 9Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parker House Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g