Recipe by Scandigirl
This is a nice every day steak recipe, and very easy to make. This is again a recipe from my European recipe books that I rely on often.
- 4 club steaks ("1 inch" thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of parisienne potatoes (small new)
- 4 small new carrots, cut in 1 " lengths
- 10 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, from the mill
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your potatoes by scooping out small round potatoes from peeled potatoes, with the help of a potato baller, or buy the small new ones.
- Blanch the potatoes in salted boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Blanch the carrots in salted boiling water for 6 minutes and set them aside.
- Melt 2 Tbsp.
- of margarine in a large frying pan until it starts to foam.
- Add the steaks and cook them for 6 to 7 minutes on each side over medium high heat.
- After the steaks have been seared 3 minutes on each side, season them with salt and pepper.
- Turn the steaks over every 3 minutes during the cooking process.
- Transfer the medium rare steaks to a service platter.
- If you like your steaks medium increase the cooking time by 1 minute on each side and by another minute on each side for well done.
- While the steaks are cooking, steam your broccoli 6 minutes.
- Arrange the broccoli on the service platter.
- Heat the remaining margarine in the frying pan.
- Add the potatoes, the carrots and the small cherry tomatoes, season to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
- Add the vegetables to the service platter and serve.