Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian cookbook. Posting for ZWT3.
- 1⁄4 lb thin green beans
- 10 ounces frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- In a medium saucepan filled with boiling water, cook green beans and lima beans until green beans are crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under running water. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, make dressing by whisking together olive oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of water, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper until well blended.
- In a serving bowl, mix green beans and lima beans with cannellini beans and sliced onion.
- Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with chives. Serve at room temperature.