Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A vegan version of Salad Nicoise, this recipe comes from a recipe collection of the restaurant 'Fresh' in Toronto. The cookbook is called 'Refresh' and the recipe is fantastic. We tossed our spinach with Wonderful Salad Dressing.
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 6 mini red potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 10 kalamata olives
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- To Prepare Sugar Snap Peas:.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the peas. Let them cook for about 1 minute, or until they look bright green and are just starting to get tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until no heat remains.
- To Prepare Potatoes:.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Cut each potato into halves or quarters, depending on how big they are. They should be around the same size once cut so that they will cook at the same rate. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Put potatoes into a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, garlic and dill.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add potatoes. Cook for a few minutes, turning them individually to make sure all sides get browned. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To Assemble Salad:.
- Toss baby spinach with dressing of your choice and place in large bowls.
- Place potatoes and peas in middle with the tomatoes and olives around the edge. Sprinkle with the red onion and sesame seeds, and serve.