Recipe by Tiffani P.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Brie, apples, carmelized onions...yes!!! Need I say more? This fabulous dish stacks potatoes and other gourmet ingredients to make this dish so simple, easy, but mind-blowing delicious! Great as a party appetizer, side dish to a juicy steak, or a quick make ahead snack!
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Use butter to grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Slice onion and add to skillet. Turn heat down a little and let onions caramelize. Stir occasionally but allow onions to cook slowly and to brown gradually until they become soft, brown, and sweet. This should take about 20 minutes. Don't rush it!
- Slice apples and brie into 1/8 inch slices and set aside.
- It's time to layer -- in the muffin tin layer 2 potato slices on the bottom, follow with one apple slice, one slice of brie, a few caramelized onions, and repeat. You should do 3 layers and end with one potato slice on top. Dot each stack with butter and place in oven.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until top layer is golden brown. Take out of oven, let cool a few minutes, and use a spoon to carefully take potato stack out of muffin tin and onto plate. Enjoy!