Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Brie, apples, carmelized onions...yes!!! Need I say more? This fabulous dish stacks potatoes and other gourmet ingredients to make this dish so simple, easy, but mind-blowing delicious! Great as a party appetizer, side dish to a juicy steak, or a quick make ahead snack!
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Use butter to grease a muffin tin. Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Slice onion and add to skillet. Turn heat down a little and let onions caramelize. Stir occasionally but allow onions to cook slowly and to brown gradually until they become soft, brown, and sweet. This should take about 20 minutes. Don't rush it!
- Slice apples and brie into 1/8 inch slices and set aside.
- It's time to layer -- in the muffin tin layer 2 potato slices on the bottom, follow with one apple slice, one slice of brie, a few caramelized onions, and repeat. You should do 3 layers and end with one potato slice on top. Dot each stack with butter and place in oven.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until top layer is golden brown. Take out of oven, let cool a few minutes, and use a spoon to carefully take potato stack out of muffin tin and onto plate. Enjoy!
Love this recipe. It's going to be my new go to from now on
I'm really getting into these potato stacks. They are a great idea that I have never thought of. Always looking for recipes I haven't thought of. Tried another chef's potato stack yesterday and this one was completely different and fantastic. It was decadent, creamy, and delicious. I actually added a thin slice of brie to the top to melt and was very pleased with that addition.
Tried this for my husband last night...always been a fan of granny smith apples and brie so adding potatoes and caramelized onions really made this superb! Will for sure make again with company!