Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great alternative to garlic bread! My mother brought a bread similar to this years ago for Christmas morning. We have not found it since, so 5 years ago I created my own version. Honestly I have never heard a complaint about it! You can go vegetarian and omit the bacon... it is just as good!
- 1 Italian bread (cut in half lengthwise)
- Dijon mustard (we use French's) or sweet onion (we use French's)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 226.79 g side bacon, cooked diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 chives, minced
- Cut bread lengthwise and spread lightly with margarine.
- Spread mustard on bread.
- Sprinkle cheddar on both halves.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle onion and chives.
- Place on a cookie sheet and broil until cheese is melted and bread looks toasted!
An excellent bread full of flavor... and bacon! I could see eating WAY too much of this, but it's incredibly hard to stop. Thanks so much for posting! *Made for PAC Fall 2008*
hey this was my old account... cant get in that email anymore but this recipe got a HUGE thumbs up last weekend! I tripled it and it was devoured :) ENJOY!