Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from Otava’s book, New Flavours from Finland. These starters are wonderful served with beer or mineral water and a frosted glass of vodka. It is recommended these be served with boiled potatoes and sour-dough rye bread. Cook time does not include 24 hour freezer time.
- 4-5 white herring fillets
- 500.0 ml whipped cream
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 50 ml vodka
- 50 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml dill or 29.58 ml chives, chopped
- finely ground white pepper
- Dice the herring fillets into tiny cubes the size of the tip of your finger.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a bread-tin. Place in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Slice and serve with boiled potatoes and sour-dough bread, if desired.