Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I wanted rice pudding and decided to try my hand at a recipe of my own. Enjoy!
Make and share this Pareve Brown Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- In medium size sauce pan over medium-high heat combine soy milk with sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon bring to a boil while constantly stirring.
- In a separate bowl large enough to accommodate the hot liquid beat the egg with a whisk while slowly adding the hot liquid a little bit at a time until all of the liquid has been added to the egg.
- Place the 2 cups of cooked rice into the pan used to cook the soy milk mixture.
- Add the soy milk mixture to the rice in the pan and return heat to medium-high, stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer mixture for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until the mixture is a creamy consistency.
- Remove from heat, cover top with wax paper and place in the refrigerator to cool.
Yummy. I only used 1/4 cup sugar, which was sweet enough for me. Would be extra good with added raisins.
This was pretty good. I used skim milk, Truvia, and egg whites and ended up with a good result. This was the first time I've had rice pudding and it was OK but I felt like it needed some more spices.
Just made this with some leftover brown rice and it was delicious. Just the right amount of vanilla and cinnamon, not too thick or dry but nice and creamy. I used regular 1% milk as my brother is allergic to soy, but I much prefer soymilk and I think I would have liked it even more had I stuck to the original ingredients. Thanks!