Recipe by Ridgely
This is a great, showy side dish, as delicious as it is attractive.
Top Review by JustJanS
Very easy, very tasty, but the cheese stuck to the foil, so I turned them out on the plate, and salvaged as much of the cheese as possible. I think parchment paper would be the better option, and will use it next time.
For each serving you will need
- 1 12 inch square aluminum foil or 1 parchment paper
- 3 -4 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon romano cheese
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary (or a little dried)
- 2 cloves garlic (or 2 tsp.)
- 2 small thinly sliced onions, wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In the center of the square, place the cheese, rosemary, garlic and onion.
- Place the potatoes on top, cutting them in half if necessary.
- Pour the oil over.
- Take 2 opposite points of the foil, fold over the potatoes tightly.
- Do the same with the other two opposite sides, making a compact"envelope" shape.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet; bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- To serve, place seam side down on each plate; with scissors or sharp knife, cut a large X in the center.
- Peel back the points, making like flower petals, and serve.