Recipe by Lene
Cooking lemon and herb flavoured chicken 'en papillote' seals in the enticing aromas and delicious juices. Served with grilled tomatoes and steamed green beans, this dish makes and easy and impressive main course.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaf
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 4 teaspoons creme fraiche
- freshly dround black pepper
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Cut four large squares of parchment and place a chicken breast on each one. Sprinkle with the sage, tarragon and lemon zest. Squeeze over the lemon juice and spread a tsp of the creme fraiche on top of each chicken breast. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring the corners of the parchment up and over the chicken and twist them together to form a tent like parcel. fold the edges of the paper together to seal and place the parcels on a large baking tray. cook in the oven for 15-20 mins or until te chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Halve the tomatoes and grill them 3-4 mins or until softened. Sprinkle well with the chopped basil and season well.
- Unwarp the chicken and transfer to warmed serving plates. Spoon over the juice and serve immediately, with the grilled tomatoes and steamed green beans.