Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Green seasoning is a blend of fresh herbs used in West Indian cooking. The herb mixture varies slightly from island to island or by cook. Paramin is an area high in Trinidad's Northern range mountains that is famous for growing herbs. A bottle of this fresh herb blend is found in every Trinidadian home and batches are replenished on a regularly since it is used on almost a daily basis. I have scaled this recipe down but it doesn't require exact measurements and can easily be doubled , tripled whatever.
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1 bunch fresh French thyme
- 1 bunch fresh celery top (stems and leaves)
- 2 leaves culantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- 10 trinidad pimento pepper (optional)
- Seed the peppers if using.
- Place all the ingrdeients in a food processor or blender and puree.
- Add a small amount of water if needed. Store in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.