Recipe by alligirl
Modified this recipe; originally from Hershey. Posted for ZWT.
Top Review by HokiesMom
(Get ready to sing...) ~ Put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up into a wonderfully decadent scone with this recipe! I'm so impressed with the outcome. I did not have white chocolate so I used dark chocolate chips and followed everything else exactly. I received 8 nice sized scones when finished. So glad I tagged you in Went to the Market Tag Game.
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, rough chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in coconut, white chips and macadamia nuts.
- Stir whipping cream, lime juice and lime peel into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes).
- Divide dough into three equal balls.
- One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles.
- Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool.