Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified this recipe; originally from Hershey. Posted for ZWT.
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, rough chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- additional sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in coconut, white chips and macadamia nuts.
- Stir whipping cream, lime juice and lime peel into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes).
- Divide dough into three equal balls.
- One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles.
- Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool.
(Get ready to sing...) ~ Put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up into a wonderfully decadent scone with this recipe! I'm so impressed with the outcome. I did not have white chocolate so I used dark chocolate chips and followed everything else exactly. I received 8 nice sized scones when finished. So glad I tagged you in Went to the Market Tag Game.
Alli, these scones are truly wonderful! They are tender, soft and just super yummy! We all loved the combination of flavour in these tasty morsels! Mmm, the coconut with the white chocolate and nuts is just superb! Im sure the lime would add a nice zing to these, but I had to leave it out due to an allergy. Nonetheless these were outstanding and I will certainly make them again.
I made half the recipe ending up with 7 big round scones that were a little too soft for shaping, so that I just dropped them onto the cookie sheet. That worked out well.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this true keeper with us! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game December 2010.
What an amazing treat alligirl. I love scones with coconut, chocolate and macadamia nuts, so I knew that I would love these but the lime just takes it to a new level. I enjoyed these light and fluffy scones very much. Loved all the ingredients, they blended together perfectly to create an unforgettable flavor. I didn't have any white chocolate chips so I substituted with dark chocolate. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Which I will make again, next time with the white chocolate.