Recipe by Steph_40135
My family loves pumpkin pie - but not I. I don't think I've actually had any, just not interested. But I can follow directions from my Better Homes & Garden cookbook well enough to please them all with this delicious recipe!! ENJOY!!!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- maple syrup
- pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- On lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 12" circle.
- Place in 9" plate.
- Turn over edge; flute.
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER: Combine cream cheese, sugar& vanilla, mixing at medium speed on mixer till well blended.
- Blend in egg.
- Spread onto bottom of pastry shell.
- PUMPKIN LAYER: Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg& salt; mix well.
- Carefully pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 65 minutes; let cool.
- Brush with syrup; top with pecan halves.