Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This pie gets a lot of mmmmm's. It is two separate layers and looks beautiful when sliced. I make it every year for the holidays and family won't accept anything else. easy easy easy and comes out perfect every time
Cheese cake layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (powdered)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- walnuts or pecans, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour, or until cheesecake is firm. It has to be firm before you spoon on the pumpkin mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for syrup and nuts.
- Spoon carefully over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 65-70 minutes -- when cool, brush with maple syrup and decorate with walnuts or pecans.
Made this for Thanksgiving, but instead of decorating the top with pecans, I placed a layed of candied walnuts on top of the cream cheese layer before adding the pupkin layer. Very big hit!
This was an awesome combination of my two favorites. I did up the cream cheese to 12 oz and increased the sugar to 1/2 cup to adjust for the increase but otherwise followed the directions to a tee. My DS has given it the thumbs up and has begged for more last night and today. We had this for our Thanksgiving dinner.
Prepared this as one of the desserts for our Thanksgiving meal this year, DD prepared a pecan pie. Everyone loved this pie, what wonderful flavor and texture. Took other reviewers suggestions of leaving the cheesecake portion in the fridge for an extended period of time, don't know if it made a difference but the pie was beautiful. Prepared exactly as directed - will definitely be making this again in the future. Thank you CoolMonday for posting.