Recipe by CoolMonday
This pie gets a lot of mmmmm's. It is two separate layers and looks beautiful when sliced. I make it every year for the holidays and family won't accept anything else. easy easy easy and comes out perfect every time
Top Review by sapowell
Made this for Thanksgiving, but instead of decorating the top with pecans, I placed a layed of candied walnuts on top of the cream cheese layer before adding the pupkin layer. Very big hit!
Cheese cake layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (powdered)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- walnuts or pecans, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour, or until cheesecake is firm. It has to be firm before you spoon on the pumpkin mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for syrup and nuts.
- Spoon carefully over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 65-70 minutes -- when cool, brush with maple syrup and decorate with walnuts or pecans.