Cook1 hr 5 mins
This pie gets a lot of mmmmm's. It is two separate layers and looks beautiful when sliced. I make it every year for the holidays and family won't accept anything else. easy easy easy and comes out perfect every time
Cheese cake layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (powdered)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (powdered)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- walnuts or pecans, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour, or until cheesecake is firm. It has to be firm before you spoon on the pumpkin mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for syrup and nuts.
- Spoon carefully over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 65-70 minutes -- when cool, brush with maple syrup and decorate with walnuts or pecans.