Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Looking for something different from the same old pumpkin pie? This is a wonderful alternative! How about a pastry shell filled with a creamy layer of cheesecake, a layer of sweet and spicy pumpkin,and topped off with a crunchy pecan praline topping.Absolutely the best!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Add egg, beat until smooth.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell; chill 30 minutes.
- Beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Carefully pour over cream cheese layer.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent crust from over-browning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 25 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, brown sugar and margarine until crumbly.
- Mix in pecans.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
This was good but to my family it wasn't fabulous. The cream cheese part sort of blended in with the pumpkin and wasnt really very noticeable. It would be a really good pie for those who don't like their pies sweet, because if you don't get a bit of topping with the filling its really not too sweet at all. Overall, a good pie and very easy to make but I think in the future I'd stick to either pumpkin pie or cheesecake and skip mixing the two.
Even though this recipe takes a little longer, it is sooo worth the wait. Pumpkin and cream cheese....the best of both worlds. I plan to fix it again for Christmas.
Absolutely loved it! Best when chilled.