Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pure heaven! A cookie-like crust filled with rich Chocolate. Not for dieters! My boys' favorite birthday cake.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 9 ounces Hershey chocolate candy bars
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- • Pie crust: Make as you would for any single crust pie adding sugar and chips into flour mixture before adding water. Continue as if you were going to roll it once it's ready go to next step.
- Dump into pie pan and with fork or damp fingers (fingers work best) press evenly into pan.
- Prick with fork all over.
- Bake at 425° till lightly golden and done.
- Cool completely.
- • Filling: In medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine chocolate, cream and marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted and well blended.
- Be careful not to scorch--turn down heat once it starts to melt.
- Cool completely.
- When cool, fold in Cool Whip and pour into cooled pie shell. Refrigerate at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
- To serve, top with more Cool Whip.
Very good. To keep it simple, our pie had a store-bought graham cracker pie shell, and we used chocolate almond candy bars. A nice pie for a hot summer day.
I am hyperventilating as I type this review, this pie is so yummy! I am not into rolling pastry, so I just made a cookie-crumb crust, left out the sugar but added the mini chips when I whizzed the cookies in the food processor. I used about 250 grams of milk chocolate, and instead of Cool Whil just whipped up 1/2 cup of heavy cream with a tablespoon of sugar to get the basic equivalent. I had a quarter of the pie left over after dinner and stuck it in the freezer. In a moment of weakness I started attacking it with a spoon one afternoon, this stuff is also amazing frozen. Barb, this recipe rocks, and you rock with it! Thanks!
OH MY! I can't tell you how much I liked making this. It was truly a chocolate lover's dream. There were three of us and we had a small piece each thinking it would be too rich. Silly us! We went back and polished off the whole 9inch pie. Lots of water was needed to keep from insulin shock! I can see why your kids like this. Maybe you should be a good mommy and make them. Freeze them and then quick ship them out to the deserving little guys. (hint hint)