Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Saw this on the internet and thought it would be a good snack.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup cloarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating at low speed until combined. Add vanilla and fiori di scilia flavoring.
- Add dry ingredients until combined. Fold in white chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Spread batter into a 9 x 13" pan in an even layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-27 minutes.
- Let cook for 40 minutes before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This is a great recipe. I did notice a typo, in that it says to bake it for 22-27 minutes, then "cook for 40 minutes before cutting." I assume this means to let it rest, rather than cook, for 40 minutes. Anyway, I have been searching for recipes using fiori di sicilia, and this one is really good. Thanks!