My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The apples and quince must be washed, the stem and blossom ends scooped out, and each one quartered.
- 2Remove any bruises to clean flesh.
- 3Pick over the cranberries, discarding any less than perfect. Place all in non aluminum pot and barely cover with water Boil until they are quite soft. Strain through jelly bag.
- 4Slice vanilla beans once lengthwise, and place in clean pot. Add strained liquid and boil gently for 12 minutes.
- 5Set beans aside. Measure juice, using 1 cup juice to 1 cup sugar, and cooking no more than 4 cups at a time. Place in clean pot. Boil until jelly sheets from spoon.
- 6Pour into 1/2 pint sterilized jars and seal.
- 7Process 5 minutes in boiling bath.
- 8NOTE: Cheat if you like, and add more water to the fruit after the first straining.
- 9Boil and strain that, combine with the first liquid and continue as directed.
- 10There's so much pectin in the fruit you can get away with it. Of course if you're going for the top prize at the fair, you might want to forego that this time. Use the vanilla beans in the water you boil for your next few pitchers of herbal iced tea.
- 11Recipe By : DDMmom
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paradise Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (15380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4558.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1203.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 186.0 g
- Sugars 846.8 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: