Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Eat Clean Diet book by Tosca Reno.
- 236.59 ml black beans, rinsed drained and mashed
- 236.59 ml cooked brown rice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 29.58 ml leeks, whites only, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml basil
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Mix all ingredients except oil and buns in a large bowl. Coat clean hands with olive oil to mix. Divide mixture into fourths and shape into patties.
- Heat grill pan over medium flame and coat lightly with oil. Add patties and cook 5 minutes per side or until golden and crispy. Serve on buns and dress with your favorite condiments.
YESSS!!!!! These are my go-to bean burgers from now on!! I love the flavor from the leeks! I love how sweet potatoes hold it together! These were a huge hit in our family! MAde for PAC Fall '12.