- 1 cup black beans, rinsed drained and mashed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons leeks, whites only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except oil and buns in a large bowl. Coat clean hands with olive oil to mix. Divide mixture into fourths and shape into patties.
- Heat grill pan over medium flame and coat lightly with oil. Add patties and cook 5 minutes per side or until golden and crispy. Serve on buns and dress with your favorite condiments.