Recipe by Christmas Carol
If you enjoy well-seasoned, flavorful Italian meatballs, this one's for you. I found the recipe on the internet from a motel in Florida called Paradise Inn. Yum!
Top Review by Roger/OH
We made these to go with my speghetti sauce. The flavor was there, but I would of perfered a much firmer meatball Thus the 4 stars. I used freshly grated Parmesian cheese and was worried about the amount. They turned out good and the cheese did not overpower the meatballs I doubled the recipe and had a little problem with soaking the bread for 1-2 minutes. The bread was almost impossible to rip up. After a couple of slices, I did a quick duck and it was better. The last three slices I tore up dry.
- 4 slices dry bread
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in cold water for 1 to 2 minutes, then squeeze out excess moisture.
- Tear into small pieces and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and form into small meatballs.
- Toss them into your favorite sauce and cook for about 30 minutes.
- If you are making Meatball Sandwiches, you can make the meatballs a little larger and brown them in a heavy skillet using a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add meatballs.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and no longer pink inside.