Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you enjoy well-seasoned, flavorful Italian meatballs, this one's for you. I found the recipe on the internet from a motel in Florida called Paradise Inn. Yum!
- Soak bread in cold water for 1 to 2 minutes, then squeeze out excess moisture.
- Tear into small pieces and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and form into small meatballs.
- Toss them into your favorite sauce and cook for about 30 minutes.
- If you are making Meatball Sandwiches, you can make the meatballs a little larger and brown them in a heavy skillet using a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add meatballs.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and no longer pink inside.
We made these to go with my speghetti sauce. The flavor was there, but I would of perfered a much firmer meatball Thus the 4 stars. I used freshly grated Parmesian cheese and was worried about the amount. They turned out good and the cheese did not overpower the meatballs I doubled the recipe and had a little problem with soaking the bread for 1-2 minutes. The bread was almost impossible to rip up. After a couple of slices, I did a quick duck and it was better. The last three slices I tore up dry.
These are fantastic! I did sub Parm cheese for the Romano, dried parsley for the fresh, and soaked the bread in milk instead of water~sooooo flavorful& held together perfectly~my new fav~ PeggyLynn