Recipe by SusieQusie
Soft buttery cookies, filled with pineapple, macadamia nuts and coconut.
Top Review by Baby Kato
These cookies were excellent SusieQusie. We enjoyed them very much. They were soft, moist, chewy and had a delicious flavor. I didn't use the macadamian nuts as my dh is allergic to nuts. I can't wait to try them again, this time with the nuts, just for me. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add drained pineapple and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- By hand, stir in nuts and 1/4 cup of the coconut.
- Place remaining coconut in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; dip tops in coconut and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set. Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.