This is truly an amazingly delicious dessert. As my husband has been known to say, "One piece and you're in paradise, two pieces you think you've died and gone to heaven, three pieces and you throw up!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cookie Layer: Pour the two cups of whipping cream into a bowl.
- 2Dip the cookies into the cream and place in one layer in a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Chocolate Layer: Melt the butter, chocolate, sugar, cocoa and instant coffee all together in the microwave, or over a small flame in a saucepan.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add the egg yolks one at a time to the chocolate mixture, mixing well after each yolk.
- 8Add the liqueur.
- 9Whip the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 10Pour over the cookie layer and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 11Vanilla Layer: Whip the package of instant vanilla pudding with the cream.
- 12Refrigerate in a small bowl until serving time.
- 13Serving time-- spread the vanilla mixture over the chocolate.
- 14Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
- 15Prepare yourself for compliments galore.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paradise Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.7
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 257.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
petit beurre biscuits