Prep 15 mins
Cook 51 mins
From the Central European Cookbook. This looks fabulous.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 1133.98-1360.77 g roasting chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- Heat the oil in a casserole and saute the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Stir in the paprika and cumin and cook 1 minute.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the onions and sprinkle with salt.
- Pour in the broth and add the carrots.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat 25 minutes.
- Stir the tomato paste into the broth and simmer, covered, 25 minutes more until chicken is tender.
- Serve with macaroni or other pasta.
We had all the ingredients in the kitchen. I gave this recipe to my wife. She made it; using thighs with rice. We ate it. I did like it, tomatoey backflavor. Need i say more.