Recipe by Kree
A delicious and healthy version of this traditional chicken dish! This has been one of my favorite chicken recipes for as long as I can remember. My mom got it from Diet Workshop when I was younger.
Top Review by dale!
This was a great dish. I really didn't know what to expect from this recipe at first but it was so tasty. I used those dehydrated onions, fat free dressing and as I didn't have any tomato juice I used paste and added a bit of water. I made this with skinless breasts which cut the cooking time to about 20 minutes. I served this with steamed cauliflower and broccoli and brown rice. Thanks I will make this again, It was so good!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 -3 lb fryer, cut up (or boneless, skinless breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- 12 ounces tomato juice (or 15 oz. tomato sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, combine water, diced onion, and onion powder; brown chicken in mixture.
- When chicken is brown, add Italian dressing, tomato juice, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook slowly until chicken is tender (30-40 minutes); remove chicken to plate.
- Add yogurt to sauce, mix well and simmer but DO NOT boil; spoon over chicken.
- This is great served over egg noodles!