Recipe by gemini08
A dish that is shared by Austria and Hungary, dating back to the Austro - Hungarian Monarchy. In order to achieve the taste and color desired, it is important to use Hungarian Paprika in this dish. Serve on a bed of Nockerl,"Hungarian Nockerl" and enjoy with a green, leafy salad and a glass of Hungarian Tokayer wine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken meat, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat the butter in a heavy pan or dutch oven with a lid until it foams, add the chopped onion and saute until soft but not browned.
- Add the chicken meat and together with the onion brown lightly, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and paprika and stir until the paprika is well incorporated and fragrant, careful not to burn it, it will get very bitter.
- Add the flour and stir, add the creme fraiche stirring to combine.
- Now add the chicken stock, turn the heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the meat is cooked and the liquid is reduced to a ceamy sauce.
- Plate over "Nockerl", sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.