Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A nice simple shrimp dish. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- 16 -24 uncooked large shrimp
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika or 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Remove the shell from the centre of the shrimp, leaving the head and tail intact.
- Devein the shrimp.
- Mix together the oil, garlic, paprika and salt in a shallow dish large enough to hold the shrimp in a single layer.
- Stir together, then add the shrimp and turn until they are coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, grill for about 1 minute, or until the shrimp start to curl and the shells turn pink.
- Turn over and continue to cook for an additional minute, or until cooked through.
- Serve at once with lemon wedges for squeezing over the shrimp.
Excellent and so easy to make. I didn't marinate for the full amount of time and the shrimp were still wonderfully flavored.