1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Spicy Little Sister's Note:
I've been working to develop a better method to roast a chicken, that would result in maximum crispiness of the skin, with succulent meat. This method works on both counts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion into rings and put them into the bottom of a dutch oven or Le Cruset pot.
- 2Pull out the giblet bag from inside the chicken and rinse chicken off. Toss it into the pot.
- 3Chop up the shallots (except for 1), carrots and potatoes and insert them into the cavity of the chicken.
- 4There is some fat that most people generally clean off and discard on the skin surrounding the chicken cavity. Pull this fat off and put it into a small iron skillet (DO NOT DO THIS WITH NON-STICK, it will ruin your non-stick). Heat the chicken fat. As the fat heats and melts, finely chop the last shallot, and throw it and the up paprika into the chicken fat. Sautee the onions and paprika until the onions turn translucent, spoon the mixture over the chicken, using the still-bubbling fat remainder bits to rub the paprika all over the chickens skin. Discard the remaining fat bits.
- 5Put the lid on, and pop it into the oven.
- 6Cook at 350 for 40 minutes, checking every 20 minutes, turn the oven up to 400 for 10-20 minutes, take the lid off and crank the heat to 450 for the last 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paprika Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g