Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best way I described this to friends is that it is the Barcelona equivalent of fries and ketchup but so much better!
- 1 kg small potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into 1 cm thick slices and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and roast in a pre-heated oven (450 F) for about 20 minutes. Turn over and bake another 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a frying pan, heating gently and stirring well.
- Add the cooked potatoes and heat through. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot!
Easy enough to make but I just wasn't the biggest fan of these potatoes. Made for Best Cookbook of 2012.
great crispy potatoes with just a bit of extra spice.
Oh, yum! I just loved these! I have to admit, I cheated and used frozen steak fries; but I made the sauce as written using smoked paprika. They had a bit of heat, and a ton of flavor. I could have eaten the entire batch by myself, they were that good. So easy to make- I think I'll be dong these often. Made for ZWT8