- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, plus extra to garnish
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 1 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water for about 8 minutes or until they are about to soften.
- Drain and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, add the paprika, chicken stock, tomato and pepper.
- Stir well and add the potatoes, stirring carefully.
- Bring slowly to the boil, cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- (The potatoes should have absorbed most of the liquid) Pour over the sour cream and allow to just heat through.
- Put in to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the extra paprika to garnish.