Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make these potatoes often, because it's easy to prepare and sooo good!
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 -2 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In a skillet, sauté onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in caraway seeds, paprika, salt, pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and enough chicken broth to barely cover. Cook slowly, covered, for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in sour cream and leave on low heat until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Made these twice. The first time just as the recipe stated but we found that the taste was a little bland in spite of herbs and garlic. We thought maybe the sour cream had "flattened" it. So-the next day I made it without the sour cream and that made the flavours come out. The "glich" in this recipe is that it is not stated if you should pour off the water after cooking (before adding sour cream). I cooked it down until almost dry.