Recipe by Noo
I used this recipe when weaning my two children to introduce them to different tastes and textures. I still make it for them today, as they absolutely love it, only now I don't have to mash it up for them! This also freezes really well, so ideal for those days when the little guys have you tearing your hair out!
Top Review by weekend cooker
This review is based on my kids review. I actually made this twice because they wanted more. This includes my daughter who is a very picky eater at times. This will be perfect for them to reheat on a snow day from school. Thank you for this KID PLEASING recipe. Made for New Zaar tag.
- 6 ounces lean pork
- 3 ounces carrots
- 6 ounces potatoes
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1⁄4 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 ounces baked beans
- 150 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180°C Trim the pork of any fat and gristle and cut into small dice.
- Peel the carrot and potatoes and finely dice the onion and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish. Add the pork and fry a few minutes, until browned. Add the veggies and cook a further couple of minutes and then add paprika, baked beans and water.
- Bring back to the boil and cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/4 hours until the pork is tender.
- If feeding to small children, chop or process the casserole to the desired consistency.