- 4 pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3 ounces mushrooms
- 1 sprig parsley (to garnish)
- sour cream, to serve
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off excess fat from pork. Preheat the oven to 170 C (325 F). Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the pork and fry quickly on both sides. Transfer to an ovenporoof casserole dish. Add onions, garlic and paprika to the pan and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, caraway seeds and season to taste. Bring to the boil.
- Add peppers and mushrooms and pour over the meat. Cover with a lid and bake for about 1 hour until the pork is tender. Garnish with parsley. Serve with sour cream for spooning over each serving and rice.