Recipe from Ruscuisine.com
Make and share this Paprika Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3 ounces mushrooms
- 1 sprig parsley (to garnish)
- sour cream, to serve
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Trim off excess fat from pork. Preheat the oven to 170 C (325 F). Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the pork and fry quickly on both sides. Transfer to an ovenporoof casserole dish. Add onions, garlic and paprika to the pan and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, caraway seeds and season to taste. Bring to the boil.
- Add peppers and mushrooms and pour over the meat. Cover with a lid and bake for about 1 hour until the pork is tender. Garnish with parsley. Serve with sour cream for spooning over each serving and rice.
Yum. I really enjoyed these, especially the caraway. It's hard to see my thick loin pork chop underneath all of the veggies, lol, but the whole dish was very tasty. Thanks for another keeper, Lynn. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
We enjoyed this very much. The caraway was a stand-out flavor that made this different from similar dishes in other cuisines. I used pork cube steak and this came out very tender. CQ
What a tasty change of pace for pork chops. Served with some fresh green beans, Russian Black Bread and BK's Tom's Vladivostok Potato Salad. The chops aren't at all difficult to do and the taste was very enjoyable indeed. In particular the caraway was my favorite addition. Thanks much Lynn.