Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had originally posted this recipe in combination with another I have posted. It seems the butter itself was quite a hit so I decided to post it on its own. Excellent to take camping as you can whip it up at home and have the taste of gourmet steaks fresh from the campfire.
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, minced or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl until blended. (Can be made 2 days ahead). Use at room temperature.
- Spread over hot steaks.
This is my "cooking to impress" recipe! It's great with steak but I had some kangaroo fillets last week. I marinaded them overnight in red wine, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, black pepper and finely chopped sage and thyme. Then I cooked them on the barbecue (grill) and, while they were resting, sliced the seasoned butter on top. Oh my Dawkins! The taste was incredible! I've never had a better meal! Thanks so much!
This went so nicely on a grilled steak! I left out the anchovy, and it was still good! :lol:
I love this stuff. I keep it on hand in the fridge. For a quick flavor burst on grilled steaks, chicken, even hamburgers try spreading the butter on hamburger buns. But my all time favorite is Grilled Porterhouse Steak With Paprika-Parmesan Butter. Thanks for sharing this recipe.